MISSION: We are committed to the highest principles of humane care and professional treatment for all injured, ill, stray or unwanted animals.
The Fort Defiance Humane Society has been caring for the homeless, neglected and unwanted domesticated animals of the Defiance County area since 1966.
• to prevent cruelty to animals and to relieve their suffering
• to extend humane education together with such allied purposes and programs as are consistent with the by-laws of the Society
• to effect vigilance and inspection when and where warranted, concerning the care and treatment of animals in Defiance County, including cruelty to animals
• to give vigorous support for the purpose of improving all anti-cruelty and animal control laws
• to work toward the solution of overpopulation of animals;
• to promote and share responsibility for proper care and placement of animals; and
• to enforce Ohio laws regarding the prevention of cruelty, especially to children and animals